Joining Mt. Pleasant as a Member
To join the church means that, in addition to being a part of the family you will commit to:
- Pray for the church, its leaders, its ministers, and its people on a regular basis
- Be in attendance on a regular basis
- Give: support the church financially through proportional giving
- Find a place to serve in the church’s ministries
- Do whatever else you can to further the mission of the church
Steps to Joining:
- Attend Mt. Pleasant regularly for at least one month. Get a “feel” for this church’s style and philosophy of ministry. Make sure this is the church for you.
- Take part in Lunch with the Pastors. Be certain that you understand what you are getting in to.
- Receive the Sacrament of baptism, if you have not already done so. As we recognize the baptisms of other Christian denominations as valid, if you were baptized as an infant, then your public profession of faith upon joining the church makes it complete. If you were, or will be, baptized as an adult, then your baptism serves as your public profession of faith in Christ. We perform baptism though sprinkling, pouring, or immersion.
Belonging or joining is just the beginning. The ultimate goal is to BECOME – to become strong Disciples of Christ…to become spiritually mature…to become all that God wants us to be.
Whether or not you choose to join Mt. Pleasant, we pray that your time with this church helps you to “become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:13).
Steps to Becoming:
- Commit to Jesus Christ and to His body, the Church
- Commit to habits that produce spiritual growth
- Discover your spiritual gifts and commit to use them in ministry to others
- Discover and commit to your role in carrying out God’s plan to reach the world for Christ.
The Meaning of Membership
When persons unite with Mt. Pleasant, they profess their faith in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ his only Son, and in the Holy Spirit. Thus, they make known their desire to live their daily lives as disciples of Jesus Christ. They covenant together with God and with the members of the local church to keep the vows which are a part of the order of confirmation and reception into the church:
- To confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and pledge their allegiance to his kingdom,
- To receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments,
- To promise according to the grace given them to live Christian life and always remain faithful members of Christ’s holy church,
- Will you make Mt. Pleasant your church family, allowing people of this church to love and care for you, as together we serve God with our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness?